Self-reflection is a much under-used yet powerful tool available to all of us.
Self-reflection helps you to organise your thoughts. It helps you to determine your goals. It gives you an opportunity to focus on the right decisions and the right actions.
Self-reflection helps you to identify your weaknesses but also, more importantly, to get clear on your strengths and the resources you have available.
Today I’m sharing 12 of the most revealing self-reflection questions that you can ask yourself.
I suggest you find a quiet time with pen and paper and work your way through some or all of these questions. Often the women I work with tell me they use these prompts for journalling.
The thing is, your mind is very powerful. Your mind will always try to protect you. But sometimes the mind is trying to protect you from something that’s non-existent or based on very old evidence.
So if you want to avoid or skip a particular question, ask yourself “What am I afraid to find out by asking myself this question?”.
(By the way, we used these questions in my Career Conversations Facebook community over the Christmas/New Year period for private self-reflection prompts. I’d love you to join us in the group.)
12 of the most revealing self-reflection questions
1. What are you grateful for in the past year?
2. How often do you put your wellbeing first?
3. What has surprised you in the past year?
4. What has brought you joy this year?
5. What are your goals for the coming year?
6. What habits do you have that will help your goals for the coming year?
7. What habits will stop you reaching your goals this year?
8. What do you need to let go of in the coming year?
9. What do you want more of this year?
10. What is one thing you want to be brave enough to do this year?
11. When is the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone?
12. What do you most value in yourself?
Use these self-reflection questions to get a deeper understanding of what’s most important to you in the coming year.
Not many of us use this powerful tool and when you do, the results are amazing.