In this bonus episode we depart from our normal format and share the highlights from our recent virtual conference On The Tipping Point LIVE! where we talked to 13 extraordinary female entrepreneurs to discover their stories of getting past the tipping point in business.
There was SO much helpful advice and experience shared that it’s impossible to get it all into one episode, so here we reflect on five of the most consistent messages we heard from our speakers about building success in business. We hope you find them helpful too!
IN THE SHOW …
We start with a few moments discussion to put our own thinking into context, in particular looking at what makes these five messages relevant to both of us. (1.27 – 6.20)
1 – Being You – be more you than you have ever given yourself permission to be before.
This popped up in everyone’s interview in some way, and the specific examples that stand out for us are in the following interviews (6.20 – 9.20):
- Lucy Whittington: how to recognise your ‘thing’ in business and the difference between running ‘a’ business and running ‘your’ business.
- Susan Payton: owning your story and being who you really are in your business.
- Alison Jones: choosing to lead, being more of who you are and being ‘unapologetically you’.
2 – Stepping Up – the continual expansion of your comfort zone through being prepared to lean in to your fear and take action regardless.
So many examples of this one! Some of the key stories that stood out for us (9.20 – 22.30):
- Alison Jones: the moment she discovered no-one gives us permission to lead in our business – we have to make the decision to step up.
- Cara Sayer: being prepared to make mistakes and learning from what doesn’t go to plan.
- Lottie Moore: celebrating what we want to replicate in business, no matter how small the win. Also remembering that everyone’s ‘Everest’ is a different height.
- Sarah Arrow: choosing between a rock and a hard place.
- Lindsey Fish: never settling – being willing to fail in order to learn how to succeed.
- Bryony Thomas: anything of long term value has a component of struggle.
3 – Taking Action – the importance of making opportunities happen, not wait for them to come to you.
Here we also reflect on the many wonderful discussions during the conference about what we can learn from nature – from cultivating potatoes to building fire! Our key stories for taking action are (22.30 – 34.35):
- Lindsey Fish: being persistent and consistent in the face of adversity and not giving up.
- Kat Dever: the years of work that go into being an overnight success, and the importance of building our business in the right.
- Nicola Huelin: what we can learn from planting and cultivating potatoes, and the learning that comes from a burning platform.
- Sarah Arrow: how she tripled her income by showing up consistently in her business.
- Vee Smith and Veronica Pullen: taking action when perhaps you feel stuck, and how to move forward from a place where you can imagine all your emotional and material needs are already met.
4 – Masterminding – the importance of challenge and support, in growing both yourself and the business – and the business benefits of gathering high quality, collective wisdom and new perspectives.
This was or had been a key factor for all of our speakers – and the key stories for the benefits of masterminding are (34.36 – 45.35 ):
- Suzanne Dibble: the personal value gained through investing in business mastermind groups – the shared journey between like minded people.
- Kat Dever: holding the vision for each other with the highest intention.
5 – Personal and Business Investment
This is about investing in ourselves, valuing and celebrating who we are, and investing in our personal growth. The key stories are (45.36 – 54.00):
- Suzanne Dibble/Kat Dever: making our choices out of hope (or investing in our faith) not our fear.
- Lottie Moore: investing time and money in the same place in our business.
We conclude with a personal learning or two, and we share the details of our On The Tipping Point Mastermind Group – launching in January 2018!
MENTIONED ON THE SHOW AND OTHER USEFUL LINKS
- On The Tipping Point LIVE! The Virtual Box Set – the complete collection of interviews with 13 inspirational and successful UK female business leaders. Click here to purchase.
- On The Tipping Point Mastermind (starts January 2018) – for more information, connect with either Sue or Sherry, using the links below.
ENJOYED THE SHOW?
We always love to read your comments and feedback. Tweet us @TippingPointPod using #TippingPoint.
Even better …. please rate and review us in iTunes <<here>>. It only takes a moment and will help keep the podcast going. Massive thanks to those listeners who have already done so!
DISCOVER MORE …
- On The Tipping Point
- The Confident Mother (Sherry)
- Sue Revell – The Unstoppable Leaders’ Coach (Sue)
“The Tipping Point: The time at which a change or an effect cannot be stopped”