Another birthday, another bank holiday Monday. My girls go back to school tomorrow. When I looked out the window first thing this morning, it was pouring with rain. Somehow it doesn’t feel like summer.
However I am just back from an amazing few days in Germany where we mostly had fabulous weather.
It was a week of many firsts:
- Airbnb – loved it! If you haven’t heard of Airbnb, do check them out. I have a referral code for you to get £16 off – just click here. I nearly used Airbnb a few years ago when I was commuting regularly between London and Chicago.
- Bratwurst – loved them!
- Echte KäseKuchen – delicious!
- Schneeballen – a specialty in Rothenburg o.d. Tauber.
- Pine marten running across my path in the forest! Just wow!
- First flight ever for my daughters! We flew with Ryanair from Stansted airport. Efficient and friendly.
- Playmobil Fun Park near Zirndorf – highly recommended. Good value for money, great restaurant (not just burger & chips), and no queues! We spent the whole day and didn’t get bored once, not even my 13 year old.
- An authentic Bierfest in Bamberg – noisy, crowded, plenty of bier, baked mackerel, and giant pretzels on offer. Many of the crowd dressed in authentic traditional dress including lederhosen for the men and some of the women too.
I know, too many exclamation marks !!! but Germany was truly magical. Here are a few photos from our trip.
How have you enjoyed your summer holidays? Do leave a comment and let me know what new things you tried.