Last year 56% of employers were unable to fill full-time vacancies and attrition was estimated to cost UK businesses a massive £206 billion. With retirement planning, returnships and portfolio careers part of the new world of work, companies need to get creative to attract and retain talent. And the demand for a different work-life balance is greater than ever resulting in 30% of departures.
It’s time for employers to get jobshare friendly.
Despite 15 years in commercial management and an MBA, Sara Horsfall struggled to find part-time roles at senior level. While understandable that roles can’t always be scaled to part-time, we need another mainstream flexible working solution, given that the cost of replacing a senior employee (£30k according to CIPD).
Sara was inspired to create Ginibee, a jobshare platform for organisations who want a diverse workforce by attracting new talent, and retaining and advancing senior level employees who need to reduce their hours.
In this episode she shares her experience on how employers can be jobshare friendly as part of their flexible working strategy:
- the benefits of jobshare for both employers and employees
- why a jobshare partnership is SO much more productive
- the pitfalls of treating jobshare partners as individuals
- best practices to make full-time roles ‘jobshare friendly’
- the value of the Ginibee jobshare kitemark
Mentioned on the show and other useful links
GUEST: Sara Horsfall, Ginibee Jobshare platform
HOST: Sherry Bevan, Founder of The Confident Mother
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the show notes
- Tweet me @SherryRB using #ConfidentConversations
- Get in touch with me directly here
- Subscribe, rate and review in iTunes <<here>>