Set out below are the terms and conditions for The Confident Mother Book Club, a trade name for Sherry Bevan Consulting Limited. I’ve done my best to keep the language as straightforward as possible.
What is The Confident Mother Book Club?
- a personal development book carefully and thoughtfully selected by me and sent to you by post
- an action sheet to help you put what you learn into practice
- invite to live group coaching / discussion with me to share your thoughts and insights
- a private Facebook group for discussion to share key takeaways and get accountability
What is group coaching
Group coaching is a way of supporting individuals in a group in a non-directive way. Coaching supports you to identify your goals, explore your options and the actions to take to reach those goals. The idea of the live group coaching call is to help you to:
- share your insights and learnings from that month’s book
- clarify what you will take forward into practice
- identify any obstacles you may have to overcome
- explore your options
- support you to take action to achieve those important goals
How coaching works
Coaching works through the powerful and effective questioning. In a group coaching session, you will be invited to explore your thoughts and ideas out loud with others however there is no pressure on you to contribute. You can simply listen in. However I will always encourage you to have pen and paper to hand for every session to jot down insights and actions.
What is the role of the coach?
As your coach and facilitator, I am there to encourage, motivate and support you. You will be listened to and respected however I won’t tell you what you should do or give you advice. At the end of the day, it’s your life and your decision on what changes you are ready, willing and able to make.
Coaching is NOT counselling, psychotherapy, mentoring or teaching. As a coach, I have absolute faith that you do have all the answers within, and that you are the expert in your own life. A coach can help you unlock doors in your mind that maybe you didn’t know were closed. I truly believe you can do ANYTHING you believe you can do. You unearth that belief when you trust in the process.
What’s the format for each session?
You will receive an exclusive invitation to each session by email. The Confident Mother Book Club uses Zoom for the live sessions. The sessions will be recorded.
Zoom is a bit like Skype. It takes a couple of minutes to set up on your PC the first time that you use it.
The live group sessions are offered to all paid up book club members. This is a bi-monthly book club i.e. you will receive a book (and group coaching session) every other month. An annual subscription therefore gives you six books / sessions over 12 months.
You are responsible for all other expenses incurred by you in connection with your participation in the Services.
It is the client’s responsibility to be punctual and to keep to the pre-booked time for each group coaching session.
If you are late, the session will start without you and finish at the scheduled time. Group sessions will be recorded and made available if you are unable to attend ‘live’ and in person.
My duties as a coach
I take my responsibilities and duties very seriously. I shall provide the Services with due care, skill and ability.
Otherwise than as set out in above, all warranties and representations are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Be aware that due to the nature of coaching, I do not guarantee any particular results.
If for any reason I am unable to provide the Services at the agreed time (due to illness, traffic problems or any other reasons), I will provide you with as much notice as possible and we shall reschedule the Session for a time mutually agreed.
Termination of agreement
Abusive and /or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated and may lead to the termination of the agreement with immediate effect.
If the client wishes to terminate the agreement, you may do so in writing after the initial term of two months. If the client’s payments are in arrears at the time of cancellation, you are required to pay these with immediate effect.
Upon termination or cancellation of the agreement, you will be removed from the private group.
The coaching relationship
The role of the coach is to support the client and to facilitate acceleration in achieving their goals with the knowledge that the client is ultimately responsible for their own successes. As the relationship between coach and client is built on honesty, trust and transparency, the client will receive feedback on their progress and should inform the coach if they are not satisfied with the level of coaching received.
The information shared between the coach and the client will remain confidential and the coach undertakes not to share this information with anyone at any time, unless specifically authorised by the client.
Though of course, this restriction does not apply to:
- any use or disclosure authorised by you or required by law;
- or any use or disclosure which I in my absolute discretion consider necessary or advisable in order to prevent illegal acts or harm to you or to others;
- or any information which is already in, or comes into, the public domain otherwise than through my unauthorised disclosure.
Data protection and intellectual property
(This is the boring legal bit but necessary to protect my business!)
- You acknowledge and agree that your personal data will be processed by and on behalf of me as part of me providing you with the Services.
- I am the owner or the licensee of all Intellectual Property Rights and all other rights in the materials and content that I use in relation to the Services and nothing in this agreement or otherwise shall operate to transfer the ownership of the Intellectual Property Rights in such material or content to you or to any other person.
- You may not at any time copy, reproduce, publish in any form, share, sell, dispose of or otherwise make available to a third party in any way any of the content or materials that I use in the Sessions.
- I grant to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub licensable revocable licence to use all or any of the content or material used for the purposes for which the Services were provided only.
- You may not without my prior written consent make any audio or visual recordings of all or any part of the group coaching sessions.
About Sherry Bevan
I have been running my own independent coaching & consultancy practice since April 2012. Previously I worked in professional services technology for more than 25 years. I am the founder of The Confident Mother which is all about celebrating and loving life as a woman and as a mother. I help ambitious women get clear on what they really want, then find the confidence to do it.
For me, your confidence circle has 5 elements: contribution, wellness, work, family and the feminine. Most women come to me because they want help with work (whether that’s career or business). However, during the coaching sessions, we will inevitably touch on the other elements, in particular contribution and wellness, which I see as the foundations of your confidence.
My own journey has had its ups and downs including a successful career in technology, burnout in my early 30s, promotion while on maternity leave, near fatal head injury, severe postnatal depression, redundancy, launching my own business in 2012, publication of my first book in 2015, breast cancer diagnosis in 2018 and a near-death experience for my husband just two months later while I was recovering from radiotherapy.
This has given me an inner strength and confidence which allows me to nurture and inspire women like you to make life-changing decisions with confidence and ease. I am an action-taker and I know exactly how to help you overcome the confidence blocks and inertia that are keeping you stuck.
If you have other questions, please ask. Otherwise I really look forward to working with you.