Confident Conversations is a weekly podcast show for ambitious women about confidently balancing work and life, hosted by me, Sherry Bevan, Author, Coach & Speaker. Because I love having conversations about career and confidence.
This week’s episode 004
Following last week’s conversation with former BBC Apprentice candidate, Aleksandra King, this week I talk to Rebecca Jeffery fired in Week 6, after confusing tagine with tahini and soap for soup. How’s a Manchester girl supposed to know how far Streatham is from Canary Wharf.
Known as Becs, she is a freelance copywriter, bookworm, mum, tea drinker and sausage dog owner.
She joined her sister’s company 3 years ago; together they have built a successful design & marketing business that fits around life and family. Her business plan for The Apprentice was built around recruiting other parents who want work that works.
Our conversation (over a cup of tea, of course) discussed:
- how lonely it can be working for yourself
- the pros and cons of running a business with your sister
- how to make business work around your children
- she applied for The Apprentice on a whim, encouraged by her brain surgeon brother-in-law
- outsource the skills you don’t have (like accounting which Fi & Becs outsource to their Dad!)
- that being a parent doesn’t make you any less ambitious in your career or your business
Her top tip for ambitious women “Don’t apologise for wanting to work in a different way.”
GUEST: Rebecca Jeffery
HOSTED BY: Sherry Bevan
Mentioned on the show
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the show notes
- Tweet me @SherryRB quoting CC004 #ConfidentConversations
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org