Confident Conversations is a weekly podcast show for ambitious women about confidently balancing work and life, hosted by me, Sherry Bevan, Author, Coach & Speaker. A former Global Head of IT Service for a City law firm, I now work with ambitious women to help them get clear on what they really want then find the confidence to do it.
How to have a difficult conversation in the workplace – Episode 008
This week’s episode is about how to have that difficult conversation about poor attitude at work.
I’m talking to Sue Ingram from Converse Well. Sue initially trained in HR and worked in the City, and then in a number of pressurised sales environments. She discovered that the key to business success is the right people in the right jobs.
Sue is now an Author, Speaker and Facilitator on Difficult Conversations in the Workplace. She helps managers handle difficult conversations and provide feedback to their staff.
Today we are talking specifically about how to handle those difficult conversations with somebody in your team about poor attitude.
Sue shares with us:
- How to start that conversation about poor attitude
- What puts us off having those conversations
- Who benefits (and how) from tackling those conversations
- Her top tips for ambitious women who want more confidence to deal with those difficult conversations
GUEST: Sue Ingram
HOSTED BY: Sherry Bevan
Mentioned on the show
Sue’s website: ConverseWell.com
Sue on LinkedIn: Sue Ingram
Sue on Twitter: @SueIngram
Sue’s book on Amazon: Fire Well: How to fire staff so they thank you
Amy Cuddy’s TED talk: Your body language shapes who you are
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the show notes
- Tweet me @SherryRB quoting CC008 #ConfidentConversations
- Email email@example.com
For more Confident Conversations connect with me
- On Twitter @SherryRB or search #ConfidentConversations
- Join my Facebook page
- Subscribe, rate and review in iTunes
- Sign up to my weekly newsletter