Confident Conversations is a weekly podcast show for ambitious women about confidently balancing work and life, hosted by me, Sherry Bevan, Author, Coach & Speaker. A former Global Head of IT Service for a City law firm, I now work as a women’s leadership coach helping ambitious women get clear on what they really want then find the confidence to do it.
Find all the Confident Conversations episodes on iTunes <<here>>.
Get confident dealing with your teenager’s anxiety – Episode 011
In this week’s episode I’m talking to expert Caroline Cavanagh, author of Anxiety Alchemy.
Having the knowledge and confidence in how to support your teenagers is a key element to getting a work-life balance that works.
Caroline runs Anxiety Alchemy. She is a hypnotherapist and NLP practitioner by background, and now specialises in helping teenagers (and their parents) deal with anxiety.
I took so many notes listening to Caroline! In summary, in today’s episode, we discuss:
- The 3 main pillars of of anxiety for teenagers today
- How parents can unwittingly add to the pressure
- How the brain processes information as an adult and as a teenager
- What we can do to help our teenagers and teenagers-to-be, especially in the season of mocks, exams and SATs
- How to give advice without giving advice
- How to avoid conflict and confrontation
Caroline’s top tips for parents of teenagers: Love them and accept your teenagers for who they are. Remember that this too will end.
GUEST: Caroline Cavanagh
HOSTED BY: Sherry Bevan
Mentioned on the show
Caroline’s website: Adding Zest
Caroline’s book: Anxiety Alchemy
Caroline on Facebook: @AddingZestLtd
Caroline’s Facebook group to help you support your teenagers through Exams: Anxiety Alchemy for Exam Stress
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the show notes
- Tweet me @SherryRB quoting CC011 #ConfidentConversations
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org