Last week was about that all important pay rise negotiation but what if you don’t enjoy the career you’re in? This week I talk to Ali Bickers about her dramatic career change that enabled her to find work she loved.
Having gone through many difficulties in her past and despite being sceptical, Ali turned to counselling for help. To her amazement, it made an incredible difference to all aspects of her life. This experience inspired her to train to be a counsellor herself so that she could help others. Despite the challenges, Ali pushed on through with grit and determination. She now has a job she’d carry on doing even if she won the lottery!
Her top tips for other women considering a career change is to get clarity on:
- Your values (you might find my values activity helpful for this)
- What you want to be known for
- What legacy you want to leave
She shares these and other super practical tips in this week’s episode of #ConfidentConversations.
Mentioned on the show and other useful links
- Ali Bickers at Worthing Counselling
- Book your complimentary Career Clarity call with Sherry here
- Identify your core values free download
GUEST: Alison Bickers, Worthing Counselling
HOST: Sherry Bevan, Founder of The Confident Mother
Ask your questions and share your feedback
- Comment on the show notes below
- Tweet me @SherryRB using #ConfidentConversations
- Get in touch with me directly here
- Subscribe, rate and review in iTunes <<here>>