Confident Conversations is a weekly podcast show for ambitious women about confidently balancing work and life, hosted by me, Sherry Bevan, Author, Coach & Speaker. A former Global Head of IT Service for a City law firm, I now work as a women’s leadership coach helping ambitious women get clear on what they really want then find the confidence to do it.
Caroline Arnold reminds us that what scares you today won’t scare you tomorrow. We discuss how expanding your comfort zone boosts your confidence so that you get the career that you really want. She also lets us in on the secret of why being a member of a band is such a clever career strategy.
Work is an inevitable part of life. However, you do have a choice: you can passively allow your career to consume you OR take responsibility for your own happiness by investing in a more meaningful, satisfying work life. When you express yourself more confidently, overcome those work-related fears and strive towards practical goals, you will gain lasting career fulfilment.
Caroline’s top tips to boost your career:
- explore the power of networking
- use positive affirmations
- get a coach
- find a mentor
- be honest with HR and your boss about your ambitions
Mentioned on the show and other useful links
- The Hotel on the Roof of the World by Alec Le Sueur
- 5 Minute Journal app
- Visit Caroline’s website here
- Buy Caroline’s book Get Confident and Accelerate Your Career HERE
- And a shoutout to Digital Mums who are doing their bit to help mums get back their career confidence
- Twitter @carnoldcoaching
- Facebook: Caroline Arnold Coaching
GUEST: Caroline Arnold, Executive Coach and Author
HOST: Sherry Bevan, Founder of The Confident Mother
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the show notes
- Tweet me @SherryRB using #ConfidentConversations
- Get in touch with me directly here
- Subscribe, rate and review in iTunes <<here>>