Confident Conversations is a weekly podcast show for ambitious women about confidently balancing work and life, hosted by me, Sherry Bevan, Author, Coach & Speaker. A former Global Head of IT Service for a City law firm, I now work with ambitious women to help them get clear on the career they really want then find the confidence to do it.
How to get the work-life balance that is right for you
This week’s episode is about work life balance and how you can achieve it. I invited Clara Wilcox at The Balance Collective to join me to discuss this topic.
Her fascination with what “makes a person tick” and personal development started with her degree in Psychology, many moons ago, and has continued through her work as a Branch Manager of a bespoke recruitment consultancy, to her Management role in a not-for-profit employability skills organisation.
An eternal student, she is also a qualified Project Manager, DISC practitioner and is currently completing her coaching accreditation. Her clients comment that her approach “makes sense”; she likes to call it “coachject management” (coaching and project management combined!)
The Balance Collective is a social enterprise working towards reducing maternal unemployment through training and coaching. Clara helps parents to create the work-life balance they want through career and return to work individual and group coaching, as well as offering CV and flexible working request feedback, mock interviews and consultancy to business.
In the show we discuss:
- A definition of work-life balance
- How important is it to have that balance
- How, as parents, we are role modelling for our children
- The difference between ‘want’ and ‘should’
- Why it feels so hard to get that balance right – technology and society’s expectations
- For women going back to work after a career break, how to approach employers about flexible working or part-time work
Clara’s top tips for ambitious women who want to confidently balance work and life “You can do anything but you can’t do everything. Be realistic about what you can achieve in a day.”
GUEST: Clara Wilcox
HOSTED BY: Sherry Bevan
Mentioned on the show
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the show notes
- Tweet me @SherryRB quoting CC005 #ConfidentConversations
- Email email@example.com
For more Confident Conversations connect with me
- On Twitter @SherryRB or search #ConfidentConversations
- Join my Facebook page
- Subscribe, rate and review in iTunes
- Sign up to my weekly newsletter