We all have times in our career when we find ourselves wondering what we’re doing and whether it’s all worth it.
However when that’s more than just a fleeting thought and it’s more of a pervasive fed-up-feeling-stuck kind of thought then maybe it’s time to find a new job.
10 unmistakable signs it’s time to find a new job
- You find yourself looking at recruitment/job sites on your commute home.
- You keep wondering if you’d be happier doing the same job but at a different company. Or maybe a different job in the same company.
- You’re questioning whether the only way to get more interesting projects is to increase your working hours.
- Maybe you’re pondering a cut to your working hours so you don’t have to be in the office as often – more days working from home is appealing but you think you’d miss the office banter.
- Conversations at the dinner table every night start (and finish) with a moan about work.
- You’re dreaming about taking a sabbatical but you’re not sure you can afford to do that.
- Your sleep is disrupted because you wake up in the night worrying about work.
- You dread Monday mornings. Like really dread. So much that you’re not sleeping properly on Sunday night.
- You’ve been overlooked for promotion for the last two years and it’s time to take a stand. But you’re not sure how and you’re not sure why you’re getting overlooked.
- You feel conflicted because your personal values don’t match the company’s mission and values.
If this is you, it’s time to DO something about it.
But what, I hear you asking?
One simple solution
I have one very simple solution for you.
Make the decision to stop being fed up and do something about it.
As soon as you take action, even if you don’t know what exactly you want to achieve, but the very act of taking action will give you the energy and motivation to do more.
Now that first ‘take action’ could be as simple as booking in a conversation with me.
How to take action today
If you like the practical straightforward advice I provide, you’ll love working with me.
There are 3 ways you can work with me:
- the Quick Fix if you know it’s just the CV or the LinkedIn piece you need
- Career Club for monthly mentoring, coaching, accountability and support in an online community
- or Fast Track your Career success in 3 months working with me one-to-one