So many women that I work with find themselves in the situation where they take any job to cover the mortgage. Because so much of our self-worth and self-image comes from current work, it can be hard to recognise and identify your strengths.
Jesu Martin, who runs The Confident Job Hunter, recommends that you:
- base your confidence on facts
- take an inclusive approach and look at the feedback from others
- identify the things that people come to you for
Jesu herself has changed industries four times in her career and shares the benefits of cross-pollinating experience and best practices from one career to another. She shares her experience of how to change industry:
- identify the problems you solve
- identify the skills you have
- engage with the people in the industry
- get familiar with the industry ‘jargon’
- tailor your CV and LinkedIn profile accordingly
Jesu Martin has a passion for talent and successful careers. She’s seen too many women cutting their options short because of external pressures. Having been accepted for every job she’s interviewed for in her 17-year-old career, she now helps people make the most of their talents.
She founded The Confident Job Hunter, which she runs in parallel with her role as the Head of Customer Success at an Artificial Intelligence start-up called Wise Athena. Award-winning speaker and avid learner, this and her two young daughters keep her hands pretty full!
Mentioned on the show and other useful links
- Download your free copy of Five insider tips to avoid the most common mistakes in jobhunting
- Connect with Jesu on Facebook here
- Register for the next LinkedIn Challenge here
GUEST: Jesu Martin, The Confident Job Hunter
HOST: Sherry Bevan, Founder of The Confident Mother
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the show notes
- Tweet me @SherryRB using #ConfidentConversations
- Get in touch with me directly here
- Subscribe, rate and review in iTunes <<here>>