The Confident Mother is about celebrating and loving life as a woman and as a mother. Everything I do is to help you to create a feeling of confidence as a woman and as a mother. I believe you need to balance five elements in your Confidence Circle: work, wellness, contribution, family, and feminine.
The right balance is unique to each woman and will change at different stages in your life. Get these five elements in balance and you will love your life – you will have more confidence, energy, clarity, focus, fun with your family and you will feel fulfilled.
- Work – whether you have your own business, whether you have a career, or whether you are a stay at home mum. It’s about being valued (and paid) for the work that you do.
- Wellness – it’s hard to be confident if you’re not confident in your own mind and your own body; when you don’t have the strength, wellness and health to go out and do what you want to do in the world.
- Contribution – the contribution that you make to the world, where you are adding value and being valued.
- Family – obviously one is about family, your relationship with your children, with your partner, and with your own parents.
- Feminine – it’s also about being a woman, and not just being a mother. It’s about accepting, embracing and actually enjoying being a woman, and the challenges and opportunities that brings.
These elements are not clearly signposted in this way in the book, after all it’s not meant to be a text book. Though perhaps the one element that I have not written about specifically is contribution. Though it is very much part of the book which I see as my contribution to you. Plus a percentage of the profits will be donated to set up a local breastfeeding support group. My longer term goal is that my business will allow me to create a social enterprise so that I can fund more groups across the UK.
Read the sample chapter and explore Wellness and Family through nurturing your young child’s mind.