From 2 to 6 October, it’s #NationalWorkLifeWeek aka #NWLW. A time to reflect on how you are balancing work and life. Is it working for you? If not, what do you need to change?
Today my work-life-family balance is ALL out of kilter. Today’s post therefore is brief and to the point so that I can help my youngest daughter revise for her Spanish test in the morning.
However I didn’t want to not mark the event so here are my top 10 favourite articles and resources on how to confidently balance work and life.
- For many women, a work-life balance that works is one that has a flexible work schedule. But how do you get that flexible work schedule? Listen to me discuss How to negotiate a flexible work schedule with the fabulous Anna Meller in episode 039 of #Confident Conversations.
- A Dad’s perspective on work-life balance caught my eye in this TED talk. Nigel Marsh is eloquent and entertaining. He makes 4 extremely interesting observations. Do listen. It’s just 10 minutes.
- Yesterday I talked about the power of simplicity and why that’s good for your confidence. Simplicity is also key to get a work-life balance that works for you. Here are my 7 simple concepts designed to help you find a work-life balance.
- My online conference in January 2017 focused on work-life balance and I interviewed more than 25 amazing speakers and inspirational experts on how to achieve it. Find out more here as well as how to grab yourself a copy of the box set of interviews.
- Check the health of your work-life balance with my simple checklist here.
- For even more ideas on how to get a work-life balance that really works, you can download my free report.
- In one of my first #ConfidentConversations episodes, Clara Wilcox from the Balance Collective discusses the definition of work-life balance, the difference between ‘want’ and ‘should’, and society’s expectations about being a mother.
- I share a little insight into my struggle to maintain the balance between workaholic and self-harming depressive.
- If you are jobhunting but you want flexible working, you’ll love my free directory of specialist agencies and jobsites.
- Discover the top workplace challenges that ambitious women face … would you believe that work-life balance is THE no 1 challenge! Read the full report here.
Phew and if you got through all of that, and now you’re starting realise that to celebrate #NationalWorkLifeWeek, you owe it to yourself and to your family to take action. But at the same time, you’ve no idea where or how to start, let’s talk.
A simple conversation with me might be all you need. I’ll help as much as I can in the conversation, and if you want to take it further we can talk about that too. No pressure. I promise.