Because I know I’m the type of person who does better with public accountability, I’m sharing my 2020 health and fitness goals so that I can be sure that I achieve them.
Feel free to join me by sharing your own goals here too.
As part of a bigger concept, I’m going to focus on one aspect of my life every month in 2020. More about that later.
Health and fitness goals for 2020
In January I’m going to focus on my health and fitness because I’m feeling fat and unfit. Well, not just feeling it. I am fat and unfit. Fat for me.
Cancer has that effect – it buggers up your life in many insidious ways.
However having won a place in the London Marathon through my brilliant running club (Petts Wood Runners if you’re wondering), now is the time to get fit again.
So here are my health and fitness goals for 2020 (previously published on www.fetcheveryone.com):
- Get back to regular running and being a runner.
- Run London marathon in a time I am proud of. A repeat 5h30 is acceptable. Sub 5h15, I’d be very happy. Sub 5h would be amazing.
- Get back on the bike once shoulder is healed. I love cycling and don’t do enough of it.
- Walk 1000 miles. This goal was declared before I won a place in the club London ballot however I am keeping as a goal because I will be training for the Camino from May. With the support of One Million Women Walking.
- Retain running fitness to do cross country season in the Autumn.
- Start back at the track by end of January.
- Enjoy the London marathon experience.
- Do parkrun once a month.
- Set up local 5kyourway – a community-based initiative to encourage those living with and beyond cancer, families, friends and those working in cancer services to walk, jog, run, cheer or volunteer at a local 5k Your Way parkrun event on the last Saturday of every month.
- Decide whether to fundraise for the London Marathon, and if so, which cause. A few in mind.
I know that might seem a lot of goals but they’re mostly steps to goal 7.
How to achieve your health & fitness goals in 2020
If you want to achieve your health and fitness goals in 2020, you need accountability. Whether that’s external or internal accountability.
Here are my top tips on how to get accountability so you achieve your goals:
- Get crystal clear AND specific on what your goals are.
- Write them down.
- Figure out WHY those goals are important to you.
- Get clear on how will you feel when you achieve those goals so you can tap into your emotions.
- Tell other people about your goals.
- Get accountability.
What about you? What are your health and fitness goals for 2020? I’d love you to share.