Are you a smart ambitious woman? Hardworking? Intelligent? Experienced? An action taker?
You are my ideal client. Truly. You are.
The women I work with are ambitious, smart, intelligent, hardworking, experienced …. but they’re stuck, or frustrated or overwhelmed.
Because they’re smart, they figure they should be able to work it out for themselves.
And then they realise that it makes perfect practical sense to work with a career coach so that they get the success they’re looking for without going round and round in circles, tying themselves up in knots.
After all if you wanted to be a better runner, you’d talk to a running coach. If you want to be a better Scrum Master, you qualified or mentored. If you want to be a better singer, you work with a singing coach.
Sure you can do it on your own, but doesn’t it make better sense for someone to show you the way so you can get there more quickly.
How to know if a career coach is right for you?
But … how do you know whether now is the right time to work with a career coach?
Here is what my clients tell me:
1. When you want to get promoted and want to be sure you’re doing everything you can.
2. When you have been overlooked for promotion even though you’re working really hard.
3. When you’re fed up with your job and don’t really know what you want to do next.
4. When you know exactly what you want but you need help and support to get the courage to do it.
5. When your work-life balance is all out of kilter and the frustration and resentment is in danger of boiling over.
6. When you’ve taken a career break and you’re struggling to figure out which direction to take your career in now.
7. When you’ve been given new responsibilities (bigger team, bigger budget or a bigger project), and you want be a good role model while remaining authentic to who you really are.
8. When you’ve take on your first leadership role and you want to make a good impression with your peers, your manager and your team.
There are other reasons too but this gives you a flavour of when women decide the time is right to work with me.
Want to try me out?
Lots of the women I work with don’t need a long-term commitment. And even if that’s what they’re looking for, they want to try me out first. If that’s you too, the best way is to book a one-off Career Power Hour. You can use the time to work on your LinkedIn profile, fix your CV, prep for a job interview or address whatever other career challenge you’re facing right now.