Anna Meller is the Work ReBalance Mentor and works with ambitious professional women who want to balance their corporate career with their family life. Through her Balanced Leader group programmes and bespoke coaching/mentoring, Anna empowers women to make choices that work for them and their employers.
Over the summer the EHRC was the latest body to add its voice to mounting calls for greater access to flexible working as a way of reducing pay gaps and helping women progress.
Legislation already exists allowing any qualifying employee to ask for flexible working and most organisations have relevant policies. However, negotiating a flexible schedule can still be challenging – particularly as you progress up the career ladder.
To celebrate #NationalWorkLifeWeek, from 2-6 October 2017, and in the US #WorkAndFamilyMonth throughout October, Anna and I explore seven steps to confidently negotiate a flexible working arrangement that both suits you and your employer.
- Be very clear on what you want.
- Be clear on your value to your employer.
- The reasons your request might be refused.
- Review what your existing HR policies allow.
- Identify what’s under the radar.
- Prepare your case.
- Be willing to agree to a trial period.
Mentioned on the show and other useful links
- Anna’s website SustainableWorking.co.uk
- On Twitter at @GrownUpBalance
- Download your Flexible Working Directory here.
- Discover how employers make flexible working work with Kristal McNamara in episode 020
GUEST: Anna Meller, Work ReBalance Mentor
HOST: Sherry Bevan, Founder of The Confident Mother
Ask your questions and share your feedback
- Comment on the show notes below
- Tweet me @SherryRB using #ConfidentConversations
- Get in touch with me directly here
- Subscribe, rate and review in iTunes <<here>>