So many of the women that I often talk to or work with struggle to tame their inner critic. Those “You’re not good enough” thoughts in your head. The fear of being ‘found out’.
Often these thoughts stop us from doing our best work and making a bigger impact at work so that we can take our career to the next level.
Jess Baker is an independent Business Psychologist and Women’s Leadership Coach. She’s worked for some impressive organisations in her career including Barclays, HSBC and Aon Consulting.
I was intrigued by her 5 Day Tame Your Inner Critic Challenge that starts on 15 January. I invited Jess to give us the inside scoop on how to manage our inner critic so that we feel more confident.
Jess shares three key facts to help us understand the inner critic (which you may also describe as the imposter syndrome):
- Our brain is wired to protect us and prevent us messing up
- We can’t ‘stop’ those inner critic thoughts
- But often those inner critic thoughts are based on lies or false evidence
She then goes onto share some simple yet powerful techniques to tame and disempower your inner critic.
Mentioned on the show and other useful links
- Join the Tame Your Inner Critic Facebook group
- Sign up to the free 5 Day Tame Your Inner Critic Challenge
- Connect with Jess Baker on Facebook
- Visit her website jessbaker.co.uk
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the show notes
- Tweet me @SherryRB using #ConfidentConversations
- Get in touch with me directly here
- Subscribe, rate and review in iTunes <<here>>