Being trustee for a charity pays dividends for your career because it demonstrates integrity, responsibility and self-motivation. Karen Hall is going one step further and is in the running for NCT President.
In this interview, Karen explains why she thinks it is really important for there to be a second candidate in the presidential elections so that the membership has a choice. Even though putting herself forward feels scary and vulnerable!
We discuss the responsibilities of trustees and how this differs from the management board of a commercial organisation. Karen encourages you to put yourself forward – stick your head up above the parapet and stand up for what you believe in, so that you too inspire other women to feel the fear and do it anyway!
Finally Karen reveals how she’s going to pull rank over a bag of lego when she’s elected NCT President!
Mentioned on the show and other useful links
- Karen’s NCT President campaign
- Karen on Twitter @MotherWorldlyUK
- Sprogcast show
- Publisher Pinter & Martin
- Third Sector article on the value to you of becoming a charity trustee
- NCT’s Hidden Half campaign on perinatal mental health issues
GUEST: Karen Hall, NCT President nominee
HOST: Sherry Bevan, Founder of The Confident Mother
Ask your questions and share your feedback
- Comment on the show notes below
- Tweet me @SherryRB using #ConfidentConversations
- Get in touch with me directly here
- Subscribe, rate and review in iTunes <<here>>