Confident Conversations is a weekly podcast show for ambitious women about confidently balancing work and life, hosted by me, Sherry Bevan, Author, Coach & Speaker. A former Global Head of IT Service for a City law firm, I now work as a women’s leadership coach helping ambitious women get clear on what they really want then find the confidence to do it.
Managing a large team on part-time hours – Episode 010
In this week’s episode about managing a large team when you work part-time, I’m talking to Julia Bramble of Bramble Buzz.
While Julia, mum of 6, is now an award-winning specialist and small business social media expert, her career started in the Metropolitan Police Forensic Science Lab in London. She wrote the training material and trained more than 20 hugely resistant, highly respected, court reporting officers who didn’t believe in this new-fangled DNA testing being introduced.
In Julia’s next role, she was responsible for setting up a new unit to create the first national DNA database. In her new role she was responsible for recruiting, training and leading a team of 60 scientists and yet she only worked 3 days a week. Julia demonstrates that YES leadership on part-time hours can be done.
In today’s episode, we discuss:
- How a forensic scientist ends up as a social media expert
- How to effectively lead a team of 60 people when you work part-time
- How to engage and motivate the individuals in a large team
- The change management required to successfully introduce a new way of working
Julia’s top tips for women in leadership: don’t try and do everything. Delegate effectively which means giving responsibility, backing and support.
GUEST: Julia Bramble
HOSTED BY: Sherry Bevan
Mentioned on the show
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the show notes
- Tweet me @SherryRB quoting CC010 #ConfidentConversations
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org