Confident Conversations is a weekly podcast show for ambitious women about confidently balancing work and life, hosted by me, Sherry Bevan, Author, Coach & Speaker. A former Global Head of IT Service for a City law firm, I now work as a women’s leadership coach helping ambitious women get clear on what they really want then find the confidence to do it.
Find all the Confident Conversations episodes on iTunes <<here>>.
How working as a part-time lawyer affects your career – Episode 019
Terry is the Head of the Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury Department at City law firm Kingsley Napley, and he specialises in both areas of the law.
His medical work has always focused upon brain injury cases, particularly children with cerebral palsy as a result of birth injury, but over the years he has dealt with claims involving virtually every type of medicine. Terry’s personal injury work centres on serious and catastrophic injuries. He has recently acted in two high profile cases, both of which concerned fatal accidents abroad.
As Head of Department he has a keen interest in the way in which legal services are delivered, and is a firm believer in innovation and development.
Today our conversation is about his decision 20 years ago to work part-time so that he could be more involved in bringing up his children. We talk about this decision impacted his life and his career.
GUEST: Terrence Donovan, Partner & Head of Department at Kingsley Napley
HOSTED BY: Sherry Bevan
Mentioned on the show and other useful links
- Connect with Terrence Donovan on LinkedIn
- City law firm Kingsley Napley website
- Download your free worksheet on how to request flexible working
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the show notes
- Tweet me @SherryRB using #ConfidentConversations
- Get in touch with me directly here
- Subscribe, rate and review in iTunes <<here>>
For more Confident Conversations connect with me
- On Twitter @SherryRB
- Like The Confident Mother Facebook page
- Sign up to The Confidence Guide produced weekly packed with tips and ideas on career and confidence